What is the UroLift® System?
The UroLift® System treatment is a revolutionary, minimally invasive approach to treating an enlarged prostate, or BPH, that lifts or holds the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way so it no longer blocks the urethra. There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue.
Clinical data has shown that the UroLift System treatment is safe and effective in relieving lower urinary tract symptoms due to BPH without compromising sexual function1,2,3,4. The goal of the UroLift System treatment is to relieve symptoms so you can get back to your life and resume your daily activities.
For more information about the UroLift System, ask your doctor and visit our frequently asked questions page.
How Does UroLift Work?
The UroLift System treatment is a straightforward procedure that is performed by a Urologist. The Urologist places tiny implants to hold the prostate lobes apart, like open curtains on a window, to relieve compression on the urethra. This allows urine to flow normally again. The UroLift System treatment can be done in the physician’s office under local anesthesia. Typically, patients return home the same day without a catheter.1,2,3
An enlarged prostate can narrow or even block the urethra.
The UroLift Delivery Device is placed through the obstructed urethra to access the enlarged prostate.
Small UroLift Implants are permanently placed to lift or hold the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way and increase the opening of the urethra. The permanent Implants are delivered through a small needle that comes out of the UroLift Delivery Device and into the prostate.
The UroLift Delivery Device is removed, leaving an open urethra designed to provide symptom relief.
Why Choose UroLift?
The UroLift System is an alternative for patients looking for something other than drug therapy or more invasive surgery. Treatment might be right for you if any of the following apply to you:
- You do not want to take another pill everyday
- You have tried BPH medication but are unhappy with the side effects
- You do not want to undergo major surgery due to potential surgical risks of side effects and complications
- You want a BPH solution that preserves your sexual function
- You want to regain your quality of life with minimal downtime
Benefits of the UroLift System include1,2,3:
- Straightforward procedure
- Minimally invasive
- Minimal downtime
- Typically no catheter or overnight stay required after treatment
- Preservation of sexual function
- Durable results
- Rapid symptom relief, as early as 2 weeks post procedure
Most common adverse events reported include haematuria, dysuria, micturition urgency, pelvic pain, and urge incontinence.
Most symptoms were mild to moderate in severity and resolved within two to four weeks after the procedure.1
1. Roehrborn, Can J Urol 2015, 3-Year L.I.F.T. Study
2. Roehrborn, Urology Practice 2015, 2-Year L.I.F.T. Study
3. Roehrborn, J Urol 2013, L.I.F.T. Study